Monday, November 2, 2009

Toussaint, Day 3...

Day 3 – lundi 26 octobre
Périgueux

This was a low-key kind of day. The morning was spent traveling – boring. The afternoon was spent in the town of Périgueux, which I can’t say particularly enraptured me. We had a tour, which I absorbed very little of. I’m not even actually sure what the city’s importance is. All the history starts to run together after a couple days. Take a twelve-day trip around France and you’ll see what I mean.

The real highlight was the part of the day after the tour. We went to a corner grocery store right near our hotel, ordered a couple of pizzas, and ended up camped in mine, Amanda and Emily’s room. We for some reason got a larger room than anyone else, so it turned into the party room, if you will. We even convinced Dr. Allen to join us for pizza. We spent most of the night just hanging out, playing dumb card games, and watching hilarious videos on Youtube. Just what we needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment